Monday, August 8, 2011

Loss.

I am not sure how this blog is going to go...but I am going to give it my best shot.

On Wednesday August, 3rd...2 dear friends of Logan and his roommate were killed in a car accident. I absolutely do not even know what to think right now. These 2 young men were 22 and 25 and both aviation majors. One was graduating this next year and the other already had and just got a REAL job which he was going to start...today.

My prayers go out to the families and friends of both of these amazing men. I only met them a couple times, but the time I spent with them...I was always laughing. The time we went downtown and we all just sat...dressed up and had some great conversations and the time we went storm chasing in my car when tornadoes were touching miles away! They both had a passion for what they were doing and you could really see this even by just introducing yourself and having a quick conversation.

It's hard to understand something like this. How could this happen? Why them? Humans have a way about them...we resent things...we are bitter...we get angry. They were driving along and minding their business when a semi drifts into their lane and BAM...their lives ended. These tragic losses make me thank the Lord everyday for our precious lives we have. It makes me think about how I need to live every day to His glory. Not enough do I thank the people in my life for how they encourage me, not enough do I praise the Lord for the things he has given me. I find myself getting angry for not having a good job or breaking my ankle and not being able to work. When look what other people are going through? Losing their precious child. Losing a great friend. God has a reason for everything he does and as it may be hard for us to understand...we have to just accept it and trust in Him.


Today...I turn a new leaf. I am thanking the people in my life for what they do. I will not regret ONE thing I do. I will TRY and be more patient. I will find joy in every single mission I embark upon. Challenge.

Please keep the families and friends of Jeff and Jesse in your prayers...I am sure the next week especially will be hard for everyone. Barely knowing them myself...I still thank the Lord for bringing them into my life and the people they touched while here. I know Logan greatly appreciated both of them.

"Those who have been ransomed by the Lord will return. They will enter Jerusalem singing, crowned with everlasting joy. Sorrow and mourning will disappear, and they will be filled with joy and gladness." Isaiah 51:11


On another note. I watched Letters to God yesterday, and let me just tell you...when I first started it I thought...corny...dumb...why did I make myself watch this...and within 10 minutes...I was crying so hard and I couldn't stop watching this movie. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch this. I understand depressing movies probably shouldn't be watched...alone...but I did it...and you should too. This movie gave ME so much HOPE. His FAITH is amazing.

Watch the trailer. Better yet, rent it, watch it on Netflix. Just Do It.




♥ 

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss Erin. Will make sure to keep you, Logan, and their families in my prayers. Love ya kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that, Erin. =[ You're completely right about how precious life is and it's so important to not take anything for granted. Praying for you and Logan, and for the loved ones of Jeff and Jesse. It was good to see you yesterday. Glad that you're truckin along and almost all healed up! <3

    ReplyDelete